ABOUT BUILDING INDUSTRY CREDIT BUREAU
As a member of Australia’s largest building industry trade bureau, you belong to a unique, and growing, supplier group, whose members are suppliers to the building and construction industry.
The bureau operates in Queensland, New South Wales, ACT, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
- BICB is a not for profit subscriber based organisation whose origins go back to the early 1920’s.
- BICB supplies comprehensive, up to date, factual credit information about entities that receive supply of goods & services on credit in the building & construction industry in Australia.
- BICB members have access to this information 24/7 online via a secure database.
- BICB also offers members opportunities to attend regular member meetings, toolbox training sessions and training seminars.
- Subscribers provide BICB with their monthly debtors aged trial balance (showing commercial accounts only), which are then consolidated into the BICB database detailing trading histories of over 145,000 entities in Australia representing annual sales of over $36 billion.
- Sectors that are represented by subscribers include steel suppliers, steel fabricators, timber, brick & block, concrete & concrete products, hardware & plumbing, windows & doors, plasterboard & fixers, equipment hire, earthworks & road building, wall & floor tiles, carpet & floor coverings, electrical & white goods, sand/gravel & landscaping supplies, roofing, cabinet makers & joinery frame & trusses, insulation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineering and other industry sectors.
- Strict security procedures are observed in relation to the storage of, and access to, members’ data, and confidentiality requirements are strictly enforced.
- BICB observes the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth)
- Members pay an annual subscription fee which is based on the size of the debtors aged trial balance.